Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Secret Countess


Title: The Secret Countess
formerly as A Countess below stairs
Author: Eva Ibbotson
Number of pages: 352

I truely loved this book and I'm sure that every girl will love it as well!
This is a wonderful romantic,Cinderella like story, about an eighteen-year-old Russian countess who is forced by the Russian revolution in 1917 to leave her home and immigrate to England. Enable to earn money, Anna finds work through an Agency at the Westerholme Mansion as a housemaid.Soon the Earl of Westerholme will return, and fast preperations must be done to make the mansion as good as new. Will Anna succeed in her career as a housemaid? Will the staff accept her amongst them? And most importantly: How will the Earl of Westerholme's reaction be towards Anna?


Further comments:
I usually read novels at my leisure without rushing myself even if they were short, but I couldn't put this book down until I finished it at the same day I started reading it!

You can read the novel from here:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/14665933/A-Countess-Below-Stairs

1 comment:

  1. oh 3ndy hal ktab :O shareeta tawny mn il ma3ra'6 :P deffinately gonna read it next (n_n)

    ReplyDelete